Saturday, March 31, 2018

When the Service Dog Sneaks a Sniff

Yesterday while my car was at the tire repair place, Isaac and I walked over to a convenient store to get some coffee. 

While I was trying to get the lid on my coffee cup, Isaac tried to sneak a sniff of the woman standing next to me, getting her coffee. I corrected him and she said, "Oh, he probably smells my dog." I said I was sure he did, but he knows he's not supposed to sniff people in stores, he can sniff at home.

About that time, an employee approached me and asked if he was a SD. I said he was and she said "I wasn't sure since I didn't see a tag, but he is so well-behaved I thought he must be." 

I said, "he's well-behaved except for sneaking a sniff," and she laughed and said she once saw a drug dog hit on a lunch box because there was beef jerky in it. She said "That just goes to show you, they are still dogs."

I was thinking either there was something else in that lunch box with the beef jerky or else that drug dog needs retrained, but I just said "My dog would probably alert to beef jerky in a lunch box too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment