Sunday, September 11, 2016

Holy Shit, He Caught One!

So my silly dog caught himself a groundhog today. He has chased them before and though they might look fat and slow, those things can move. He's never come close to catching one, or anything else for that matter. Today he ran off into a field of soybeans and I didn't even know he was chasing a groundhog until I called him and he came bounding out of the bean field with a big old groundhog in his mouth.

I was like, "Holy shit, you caught one!" It scared the crap out of me, to be honest. \

Isaac gave it a big shake and I yelled at him to drop it. He looked at me like, "Seriously? This is mine." But he stopped shaking it and just stood there. 

I didn't want him to run off with it so I told him to sit and he did. Then he just sat there looking at me with the groundhog in his mouth. I could see if was alive. I walked around Isaac to stand behind him, because I did not want him to drop it and then it run up my leg or something. I got behind Isaac and held his collar and told him again to drop it and he did.

It sat there for a minute and I was afraid it was injured and wondering what I was going to do with it then, but then it ran away. I checked Isaac and found no bites or scratches on him and also no blood, so I don't think the groundhog was injured much.

Isaac is quite proud of himself and the little dog that lives across the hall says Isaac is his hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment