Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Dental Work Tomorrow

Tomorrow morning I have some dental work scheduled.  I'm expecting it to be painful but hopefully not horrible.  Hopefully I will recover relatively quickly.  But it's not just the recovery from the procedure itself, it's the way it may trigger my fibro pain and the way I expect it will trigger my PTSD.  Because dental stuff like this always does.

In the past, I've tried to get someone to go with me for procedures like this.  This time, I didn't bother to try.  I've had so much dental work done over the past year and a half, and I was able to get a friend to go with me one time, and a friend to come be with me at home afterward one other time, and that was it.  There was one other time a friend had agreed to come with me but then backed out at the last minute.

Isaac will go with me.  We have to go to the periodentology clinic at the dental college and he was wonderful on our first visit there.  I was horribly stressed out because it was ridiculously hard just to find the place and the appointment took forever, but Isaac was cool.

Today I went grocery shopping and I have protein shakes and herbal tea and ice cream, in case my mouth is sore, and because I figure a treat will be good.  I never buy ice cream.  Can't remember the last time I bought any.  But tomorrow I will have vanilla ice cream topped with warm apple butter and chopped pecans.

I also did some cleaning, straightened up the house, downloaded a new audio book to listen to, did everything I could think of to have things arranged to make myself comfortable while I recover.

Feels like it shouldn't be that big a deal for some fairly minor dental work.  But it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment