Sunday, September 20, 2015

Whiskers the Emotional Support Cat

I am finding Whiskers is really good at providing emotional support.  The biggest thing is, she sleeps with me! 

Isaac does not like to sleep with me.  While he is super friendly and social, he isn't exactly snuggly.  He will snuggle for brief periods, but at night, he far prefers sleeping without me. 

For a while, I thought it was that he just liked lots of room and didn't like sleeping with anyone.  Then one night, I had a house guest and Isaac opted to sleep with my guest.  Apparently it's not anyone, it's just me.  He does not like to sleep with me.

I am guessing it's because I am very restless at night, due to my PTSD.  At times I kick and hit and scream and stuff.  Not as much these days as I used to, but I think I still do it sometimes.

But maybe not enough to bother Whiskers.  At last not so far.  Plus, she is still kitten-ish.  She gets up in the middle of the night to play.  Isaac does not.  Isaac likes his sleep.

So Whiskers sleeps with me and is snuggly and friendly and really comforting.  I'm finding her really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment