Friday, May 22, 2015

Cuyahoga Valley National Park

A few days ago, Isaac and I went to Cuyahoga  Valley National Park for the day.  We hiked a lot.  I bet I walked six or seven miles.  Isaac would have traveled more miles than I did, of course, because I let him off the leash a couple times and he literally ran laps around me, he was so excited and so full of energy.  He also did some rock climbing, some spelunking and some swimming.  Seriously, though, we hiked for about 90 minutes on along the old canal path, then returned to the car for a drink, a little snack and a brief rest, then hiked for about an hour more, then returned to the car for another short break, then hiked about another 90 minutes.

One the middle leg or our hike, we went to Blue Hen Falls.

I thought Isaac would love the falls but he was more interested in the boulders and rocky ledges than in the water.  He did go behind the falls for a minute, though.
He really enjoyed crawling under the rocks, though.  He is quite the spelunker.
See his butt sticking out, there?

Then on the final leg of our journey, we went to Indigo Lake and he went for a swim.



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your day trip, it looks like you and Isaac had a grand time. This is one of many activities I hope that I can do someday in the near future, once I am able to acquire a service dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a after thought, not sure if this might benefit you or not ? google center for independent living within the state where you live. Mind you I don't advocate one particular resource. However, its a good reference staring point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your next adventures

    ReplyDelete