Friday, May 29, 2015

Been a While Since I've Posted

I guess it's been a busy week!  I had some van trouble yesterday.  It turned out that the AC compressor seized up and that caused the serpentine belt to break but of course I didn't know that at the time.  I just knew it broke down while I was many miles from my mechanic and the tow cost me a small fortune.  Like, I literally wanted to cry when the driver told me how much it would be.

But the van is fixed now and as an added bonus, the air conditioning is working really really well, so I'm pleased with that.  And I dealt with the stress of the break down OK.  Well, I was pretty stressed at the time.  I felt frazzled. 

And I was also feeling guilty, because I had to call a friend to come pick me up and I felt like I was bothering people and I had to cancel my tutoring session because I had no way to get there and I felt guilty about that, too.  It's been a little while since I felt so much overwhelming, mostly irrational guilt.  I'm not sure what that was about.

But I got my footing back pretty quickly.  Today I was feeling OK.

Isaac has gotten plenty of experience doing long down stays while waiting for the tow truck and sitting at the car repair place and stuff recently.  I think he's nailed them.  He can usually do two hours pretty easily, longer if we take a short walk for a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment