Monday, March 16, 2015

Cuyahoga Valley National Park

Isaac and I hiked four miles today at Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Four miles probably sounds like a baby hike to a lot of people - I have a friend that regularly does eight to 10 hour hikes up mountains - but this is the longest hike Isaac and I have done together and I am really proud of myself for being able to do it. Last summer Isaac and I were regularly doing three miles but over the winter we normally just did one to two miles, because of the cold.  We did do a three mile hike a couple days ago, but that was the first three mile hike we've done since the weather started warming up. I'm just really excited that I was able to do four miles.



Isaac, of course, could go much longer. He used to do five mile runs with the dog walker on a regular basis. He enjoyed himself very much today, though.

Isaac took a very brief dip in the Cuyahoga River. It was 60+ degrees out but I'm sure the water was still super cold. He will be glad when it's warm enough for him to swim again.

Look how worn out Isaac was on the way home! I am worn out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment