Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Call Your Mother or Pay for Your Coffee

So I saw this commercial online for McDonald's, who I guess has some sort of promotion going on where they ask you to do something nice instead of paying for your food. In the commercial, the employee asked the customer if he had his cell phone with him and when the guy said yes, the employee told him to call up his mom and tell her he loved her.

I have a problem with this. If, instead of asking for $1.99 to pay for my iced coffee this morning they had told me to call my mother, I would have been really upset. I guess I would have had to say "I can't do that since my mother isn't speaking to me because I told people my father sexually abused me when I was a child. Can I just give you two bucks instead?" But what about other customers that cannot call their mothers for whatever reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment