Friday, October 10, 2014

So How Was Our Trip?

I'm glad you asked!  It was mostly good.

The weather was cool and rainy most of the time, which could have been better, although Wednesday was quite beautiful.  Even so, Isaac and I got to do a fair amount of hiking.

Look at these gorgeous pictures of Caesars Creek gorge early in the morning.

And here's Isaac, posing impatiently in the forest near Serpent Mound.

I had trouble getting many pics of Isaac while we were hiking because he simply could not hold still.  He was too exciting, having too much fun.

Serpent Mound was interesting.  I'm going to write more about it in another post.

Isaac did really well in the hotel.  In the past, when we've stayed in hotels, Isaac has not slept well.  Too many strange noises and he felt he needed to tell me about each one.  Which meant I did not get to sleep very well, either.  But on this trip, he slept great.  Maybe all the hiking wore him out.  It sure wore me out!

I saw friends, including some I hadn't seen in a long time.  I had good food, including Middle Eastern and Indian and Skyline (which, if you don't know, is Cincinnati-style chili, and they have a vegetarian black beans and rice dish that has the same flavor as the chili, which is what I got).

Here's Isaac, getting ready to go into the Indian restaurant.
Isaac got good food, too.  he got to pick out some gourmet treats at a little pet store.  He picked a dried beef burger (I know, it sounds gross to me, too, but I think he liked it best), a turkey sausage and a peanut butter biscuit.  Also, when we had lunch at the Middle Eastern restaurant with my friend Gina, her toddler was rather messy (as toddlers are) and Isaac helped clean up after him by licking some hummus off the floor and also eating some fallen falafel.




No comments:

Post a Comment