Monday, September 29, 2014

Fatigue Is Not a Character Flaw

Said a good friend to me a while back.  And I keep reminding myself of that on days like today, when I am exhausted and all I want to do is sleep.

I actually went to bed relatively early last night.  And slept OK, I think.  I had some weird dream and being in a house that was flooding.  It wasn't a scary dream, though.  It was like, oh, there are a few feet of water in the house.  Oh well.  Which was weird, for sure.  But no nightmares or anything like that.

I forget what time Isaac woke me up.  I think it was around 7:00 am.  I took him out, fed him and went right back to sleep.  And slept, or dozed, until about 11:00 am.  And I only got up then because the maintenance guy showed up to fix my shower.

I took Isaac for a walk.  A slight shorter walk than usual, because I felt so tired.  My limbs felt heavy.  We came back home and he needed a bath because he'd had a swim in the pond on our walk.  So I gave him a bath.

Now I'm back on the couch.  I wish I had more energy.  It's hard not to be frustrated, hard not to be upset with myself.  It's a beautiful day outside and I'd love to have the energy to be out there.  There are so many things that need done around the house and I'd love to have the energy to do them.

And I don't.  I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment