Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Updates on Assorted Stuff

I just realized I haven't written much lately.  I guess I've been busy.

I had to go to the dentist yesterday.  I have some weird infection or something in my gum, where my bridge is.  It's sore, it's been sore for a while, the dentist isn't sure what it is or what's causing it or what to do about it.  I have this gross antibiotic rinse I have to use twice a day for a week.  Then I go back to the dentist and if it's not better, I have to go see a periodontist, which will not be covered by Medicaid and will likely cost a fortune.

Oh.  And there is a slight possibility that the problem is caused by a fractured root of the tooth one of the crowns for my bridge is on, although no fracture shows up on the x-ray.  Apparently if it is a small vertical fracture, it may not be visible on x-ray until the pieces start to separate.  That would be very, very bad news, because the only way to fix it would be to remove the tooth and make a new bridge.  Um, I haven't finished paying for the first bridge yet.  If that happens, I may have to end up toothless for a good while.

Then there is my income situation.  I am waiting for my landlord to do the paperwork that will allow my rent to be reduced based on the decrease in my income.  But he is not in a big rush to do that, I guess, and my income is reduced now but my rent won't go down until next month.  Maybe.  If I'm lucky.  It could end up taking longer than that.

Cayenne is hanging in there.  She sleeps a lot and has lost some weight, I think, but she seems fairly comfortable.

Isaac is his usual happy, energetic self.

And that's about it, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment