Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Red Light Update

I wrote a week or so ago about using a string of red Christmas lights as a nightlight of sorts, because red lights are supposed to have less impact on the production of melatonin than other colors of light.  And so far, I think it is helping. 

I had a kind of hard time the first night because it wasn't quite as much light as I like and it made me feel a little anxious.  But after that first night, it seems like enough light.  And since I seem to be sleeping better, I'm liking them better. 

There was one night this past week that I feel like I woke up a lot, but I think at least part of that had to do with Cayenne.  She had a kind of restless night and was acting sort of strange and I was worried about her and she woke me up some climbing around on my legs.

Other than that, though, I think I am sleeping better.

Right now I have the string of lights draped over my bookshelf.  I think I want to do something a bit more, I don't know, decorative and less haphazard-looking with them, but I haven't decided quite what yet.  And I'm sort of getting used to the way they look on the bookshelf.

This isn't the best picture, but here they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment