Thursday, April 17, 2014

Isaac the Good Picker-Upper

Isaac has been so good at retrieving items for me lately.  Which is good, since I seem to be getting clumsier.  Or maybe I just notice more now when I drop something, because it's so hard for me to pick it up myself.

Today Isaac and I went shopping at the thrift store (he got two stuffed animals and two beach towels for when we go to the doggie beach, I got a pair of pajama pants and a couple tank tops for summer).  When I was putting my items on the counter to pay for them, I dropped a shirt on the floor.  Isaac picked it up very nicely for me. 

I remember shopping at the thrift store with him once, probably a little more than a year ago, and dropping something and asking him to pick it up.  He looked at me like he had no clue what I was talking about.  I ended up having to pick it up myself.  I don't remember what the item was, but I remember being frustrated and having to hold on to the counter in order to bend over to pick it up.

Later, Isaac and I were at Mike's house helping him pack stuff up.  He is getting ready to move.  I pulled several books off a shelf and another book fell to the floor.  It was a paperback, not very heavy.  Isaac was in another room, but I called him and he came running in.  I showed him the book and asked him to get it for me.  It was kind of in a corner, not very easy to reach.  Isaac considered it for a few seconds, figured out how to get to it, and picked it up and gave it to me.

When we got home, I had my hands full and ended up dropping my keys when I tried to unlock the door.  Isaac picked them right up.

I rely on him so much now.  It's really good to know I can count on him to pick things up for me.  If I hadn't had Isaac with me today, I would have struggled to pick up the shirt and my keys myself, and I would have had to ask Mike to come help me pick up the book.  It was really nice to be able to do it myself - well, myself, with Isaac's help.  It's nice to not need to ask other people for help so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment