Friday, March 28, 2014

My Haircut

So I got my hair cut today.  Here it is.

I gave the woman that cut it a big tip.  Well, relatively speaking, considering that the haircut itself only cost $11. 

I actually considered cutting it myself, but the last time I tried that it did not go well, and that's when I was able to hold my arms up for long periods of time without pain and when my hands worked well.  I don't know what made me consider it, really.  When I say it did not go well last time, I mean, it really really really did not go well.

So I found the cheapest place around.  There was no wait and I was in and out in less than 15 minutes.

The woman that cut it for me, bless her, did not ask me why I was getting it cut.  When you have long hair, they usually ask you that. 

Last time I cut it was about five years ago, when I lost some hair following my gastric bypass surgery.  It was getting thin and I had hoped cutting it shorter would make the thinning less noticeable.  I think it was just a little bit longer than this then.  And in five years, had grown halfway down my back.  My hair grows fast.  Always has.

Anyway, the woman that cut it for me then, she asked why I was getting it cut.  I think she also asked if I was sure, really sure, I wanted to cut so much off.

Today, the woman said something like, "So we're taking a lot off," but she didn't ask why.  When she was ready to start cutting, she asked me if I was ready.  But she didn't ask if I was sure.

She also did not make small talk with me while she worked, which I appreciated.  I was not in the mood for small talk.

So gave her a $9 tip.

On the way there, I wasn't sure I wanted to go through with it.  I felt like crying.  I feel OK right now, though.  I kind of like it.

1 comment: