Saturday, March 15, 2014

Fatigue

Fatigue is a common symptom of fibromyalgia.  You know, though, I think anyone would be tired if pain kept them awake night after night after night.

It's hard to find the words to explain how exhausted I am.  It's the kind of exhaustion you feel when you have the flu.  Simply taking a shower and getting dressed completely wears me out.  By the time I'm dressed, I feel like I need a nap.

I have no energy for cooking.  I have a protein shake most days for breakfast and for dinner.  I used to have one most days for breakfast, but now I have one for dinner, too, because I have enough energy to pour milk into a glass, add a scoop of protein powder and shake it up.  That's supposing I have enough energy to go to the store and buy milk.  Buying milk takes a lot of energy because it's heavy.  But that is my breakfast and my dinner. 

Some days I make soup for lunch but other days I don't have the energy to stand at the stove stirring it long enough to heat it up, so then I might have a protein shake for lunch, too.  For snacks I eat protein bars, yogurt, an occasional English muffin, and sliced apples with almond butter when I have enough energy to cut one up.  I used to make my own yogurt, but I don't have enough energy to do that anymore, so I buy ready-to-eat single serving containers.

I washed my sheets a week ago but haven't had the energy to put them on my bed yet.  There is a pile of clothes at the end of my bed that I haven't had the energy to put away.  Isaac is enjoying sleeping in them.  I just don't have the energy for those things.  It's all I can do to keep myself, Isaac and Cayenne fed and take Isaac out.

No comments:

Post a Comment