Friday, January 31, 2014

Update on Isaac the Carrying Canine

Today I went to the grocery store to pick up just a few things.  I had a couple shopping bags and a gallon jug of milk.  I'd brought along a cloth shopping bag for Isaac, and when we got home, I sat in the car and repacked the items from one of the plastic shopping bags from the store in the cloth shopping bag for Isaac to carry. 

I got Isaac out of the car and held out the bag, saying, "Take it," and he did.  He seemed unhappy with his grip on it, though, because he then set it down in the snow.  But he picked it back up and carried it across the parking lot, into the lobby of our building, into the elevator, down the hall and into our apartment.  I rewarded him with a bite of hotdog.

So Isaac is now pretty good on his two new commands, "Take it" and "Carry it."  And he really loves carrying things.  He just looks really proud of himself doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment