Sunday, January 19, 2014

Just a Little Update

First, Isaac has mastered carrying items in a cloth shopping bag and he loves doing it.  This evening I took the bag with us when I took him out to pee and then gave it to him to carry back inside.  He carried it to our apartment, when I took it from him and rewarded him with a treat.  I put the bag on the kitchen counter and went and sat down on the couch with my laptop.  Isaac went into the kitchen and returned with the shopping bag, which he'd gotten off the counter, and presented the bag to me.

I think he was hoping for another treat.  He used to do that with my meds a lot, just bring them to me at random times.  He quit doing that long ago, though.  It's unusual for Isaac to get anything off the counter.  He does not counter surf, for which I am grateful.  Occasionally he's gotten one of his toys off the counter, like after I've washed it and it's sitting by the sink.  But anyway, he can now carry a cloth shopping bag and he very much likes doing it.

Second, I just realized a few minutes ago that my pain has been at a very tolerable level today.  I don't know why, I don't know what's different about today.  I'd like to know so I could do it again tomorrow.  But for now I'll just enjoy it.  It's not that I'm pain-free, but today the pain is like background noise, not too difficult to tune out, whereas many days it's like a really loud alarm clock that you'd like to hit with a sledge hammer, only there is no off button. 

No comments:

Post a Comment