Friday, January 10, 2014

Isaac is Growing Up

He's really maturing.  As a service dog, especially.

This evening he was busy gnawing on a chicken-flavored rawhide chew (and yes, I know rawhide isn't the best thing for dogs, but he gets it once in a while) and dropped something on the floor and needed him to pick it up for me.  In the past, I would often not ask Isaac to pick up something if he was really involved with a chew or toy.  And if I did ask him to interrupt his chewing to do a task for me, he didn't always do it.  Or I had to take away the chew or toy in order to get him to do the task.

This evening, I called him, he picked up the chew and brought it with him, but came right to me.  And when I told him what I needed him to pick up for me, he put down the chew, picked up the item, gave it to me, and went back to his chew.  I gave him a treat, which he gulped down, and then he continued gnawing on the rawhide.

There have been a lot of little things like this lately.  Little things, but I notice them, and I'm so proud of Isaac.

1 comment: