Monday, January 13, 2014

Doggie! Doggie! Doggie!

Last night, I went to the grocery store.  I usually shop during the day but I didn't feel like it all day but then I decided I really needed some food, so I went about 7:00 pm. 

There were about a million little kids at the store.  Shouldn't they be home getting ready for bed or something at 7:00 pm?  Well, they weren't.  They were all at Kroger.

That means toddlers were loudly squealing, "Doggie!  Doggie!  Doggie!" everywhere Isaac and I went.  That usually doesn't bother me much.  Little kids don't know better and they love animals and they just get excited when they see a doggie in the store.  But there was a lot of squealing going on.

Also, for the first time since I got Isaac more than a year ago, I had a kid come up and start to pet him without asking.  Adults do that fairly often but kids always ask.  Except last night.

This kid was probably five or six and he was with his mom (I'm assuming she was his mom, anyway) and two other little boys.  They kind of reminded me of my nephews when they were little.  They were hanging off the shopping cart and climbing on the shelves in the store and that sort of thing.  So one of them started to pet Isaac and his brother, who looked to be about seven or eight, yelled at him, "You're not supposed to pet that dog, you dummy!"

I'm not sure if the kid knew you weren't supposed to pet service dogs or if he was just reading the patch on Isaac's vest.  Either way, he was right and his brother did quickly withdraw his hand. 

Then he turned around and smacked his brother upside the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment