Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's Not Rheumatoid Arthritis

My doctor got the results of my blood tests and x-rays.  He said the x-rays showed degenerative disk disease, which was no surprise because I'd been told I had that before.  He said the blood work was all normal so he does not think I have rheumatoid arthritis.  So now he is thinking it's fibromyalgia and wants to refer me to a rheumatologist.  Which is probably a good idea, but that means seeing a different doctor that I don't know, which makes me really anxious.

Edited to add: I Googled the rheumatologist my PCP said he would refer me to.  She has a LOT of bad reviews online.  Only a couple good ones.  Most people say she doesn't listen to them, is rude, and does not take the time to explain things.  That is totally the opposite of what I want in a doctor!  Most people say they would not recommend her to family or friends.

However, my friend Google also gave me the name of another doctor in the same area, who does have plenty of good reviews.  People say he listens to them and spends plenty of time with them.  I think tomorrow I will be calling my PCP's office to explain why I will not be seeing the rheumatologist they suggested and seeing this other guy instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment