Sunday, December 22, 2013

Comments Must Be Approved Before Posting Now

Due to some rude or otherwise inappropriate comments posted anonymously, I decided to change the settings on my blog so that I must approved comments before they post.  I considered changing the settings to disallow anonymous comments but I don't really want to require people to sign up for a Google ID in order to comment.  I really enjoy most of the comments I receive and I like being able to interact with readers of my blog.  Unfortunately, a few people seem to enjoy posting inappropriate or offensive things on blogs.  I don't think this is a problem unique to me, I've heard other bloggers talk about it, too.  So anyway, for now at least, your comments will not show up until I've approved them.

1 comment:

  1. That's a shame but I'm not surprised. Some people are hateful and spiteful and have nothing better to do than troll the web and spew their negativity. It's probably for the best that you do this. I follow another blog written by a woman who is proud of her obesity as a dancer (dances with fat, Ragan Chastain) and the hateful comments she gets are very disappointing and sad. Like you said it happens to many bloggers and it would be hard not to take it personally but you can't. It creates more work for bloggers though.

    ReplyDelete