Tuesday, November 12, 2013

More Winter Worries

I just took Isaac out for his usual pre-bedtime poop and something else occurred to me.

When I pick up after Isaac, I dispose of the poop in the dumpster that is at the far end of my parking lot.  There is a trash can right outside the front door of the building but the property manager asked me not to dispose of poop there because it might smell.  Well, I can walk on the grass almost all the way to the dumpster, but then I have to walk a short way on the pavement.  This evening, all the ice is gone and it was not slippery at all.  But I'm sure it would have been slippery this morning.  I'm sure it will be slippery at times this winter.

So what do I do with Isaac's poop?  Risk walking on the icy pavement to throw it away?  Seriously, if I fall out there by the dumpster at 11:00 at night, I could be out there on the ground all night long.  But what else can I do with the poop?  Take it back inside with me, keep it in my apartment until the ice melts later on and I can safely dispose of it?  That's... rather gross.  Although I guess I'd go for gross over lying on the cold ground all night long.

Not only is this frightening to me, it's very frustrating and it's also embarrassing.  There is some shame involved with not being able to do things independently that most people can do easily.  There is some embarrassment in saying, "I don't know how I will dispose of my dog's poop."

No comments:

Post a Comment