Monday, October 14, 2013

Worried about Cayenne

I know just a few days ago, I was posting about how she seemed to be doing better.  She seemed fine all day today, but for the past couple of hours, she seems to be pretty uncomfortable.  She is sleeping, but she sleeps for a short time, ten or 15 minutes, then gets up suddenly, moves around, changes position, then lies back down and goes back to sleep.  I think something is hurting her.  It's like she's trying to find a way to lie down that isn't uncomfortable but can't.

I wish I had some sort of pain medication for her.  I don't.  If she still seems to be in pain in the morning, I think I will take her to the vet, but even if she doesn't seem to be uncomfortable then, maybe I will call the vet and see if they will give me some sort of pain medication I can give her if she seems to need it in the future.  I don't know if they will give me anything without seeing her, and if she's not in pain in the morning, I really don't want to take her to the vet because I don't want her to have to go through the car ride and everything.  She hates that.  That would make her uncomfortable and I don't want to do that to her.  But suddenly I am aware of what a long, difficult night I could have - and she could have - with nothing at all for pain.

I don't want it to be time for her to leave me but I also don't want her to be in pain.  I don't want her to suffer.  If she's still in pain in the morning, I will call the vet, and it may be time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Poor kitty and poor you! I am hoping she isn't in pain and that the vet can give her something to make her comfortable without you needing to incur an exam bill and her having to go in the car and be uncomfortable at the vet. It seems a lot of times they have samples but I don't know. I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope she's OK. I know you will do what's best for her and that you have her best interests in mind.

    ReplyDelete