Friday, September 20, 2013

Update on Isaac's Ankle

I guess this is good news, but I was kind of hoping for better.

The ankle is healing well.  There is still a little bit of swelling, though.  The vet said to go ahead and stop the anti-inflammatory medication and see how he does.  He is allowed to increase his activity level, but slowly.  So we can take a rather short walk this evening, but he cannot go for a run yet, or to the dog park, or work.

I'm glad he's getting better and we can go for a walk.  And I'm glad I took him back to the vet instead of just deciding to let him resume his normal activities all at once since he's no longer limping.

I just wish he could go for a nice run.  I wish we could go to the lake.

I don't think I will be taking him to the fundraiser Sunday, either, which I feel bad about, but I think that might be too much activity for him.

Isaac enjoyed the trip to the vet, at least.  He loves riding in the car, and he likes the vet, and he enjoys sniffing around outside the vet's office and peeing in all the places other doggies have peed.

No comments:

Post a Comment