Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Am Medicated

My back has been pretty bad lately.  I've been putting off certain tasks, like cleaning my kitchen floor, because my back just hurts too much.  But today I moved the mattress and box spring on my bed, because these two screws had fallen out of my bed frame, and I was worried that the bed frame was going to fall apart when I flopped down on it or something.  The mattress and box spring had to be moved so I could reach the place where the screws went.  I was going to have Mike come over and help me but then I decided that I know how to use a screwdriver and I am not weak or incompetent and I just wanted to fix it myself.  So I did.  It wasn't even that hard.  But now my back hurts a lot.  So I took some pain meds.

I've also been super anxious the last couple of days.  I have to go to the dentist tomorrow to get my teeth cleaned and figure out what I'm going to do about this crown and getting a bridge and everything.  The dentist makes me anxious and worrying about how I'm going to pay for a bridge makes me anxious.  I am also worried about Isaac and his ankle.  And today I got the oil changed in my car and was advised that the serpentine belt, whatever the heck that is, is badly cracked and needs to be replaced very soon.  If it breaks, my car will be dead on the side of the road.  The garage I normally go to cannot fix it until next Wednesday, but I have to go to the dentist tomorrow.  There is a garage near my dentist that can fix it tomorrow morning, before my dentist appointment, but they charge $30 more for it than my regular garage does.  Plus I have to be there at 8:00 am, plus that is right before I go to the dentist.  It is all too much to deal with, but what choice do I have?  So I took some anxiety meds.


The meds are not helping enough.  I want chocolate.  Like a big old slab of chocolate cake.  With ice cream.  Alas, I have no chocolate, no cake, and no ice cream in the house, and am afraid to drive the car.  I guess I will have some lovely yogurt later.  Blah.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your back is hurting so much! I was hoping that someone from the church you mentioned about a month ago would have found someone to help with things that need fixing and things that need to be lifted such as cat litter.

    I hope your dental visit isn't painful or expensive and that you don't have anxiety over going there. It sucks about your serpentine belt! Coincidentally I had to get mine replaced today too. With an oil change and a fluid flush it cost over $300. Yikes. Costs like this make it difficult to stay within my budget.

    I can relate to the food cravings. Is there a convenience store you can walk to for a small treat? If not can you reward yourself after your appointment tomorrow with a small treat? You need to do that sometimes. Not with a big slab of cake, but something smaller and delicious! Please update with how it went at the dentist.

    ReplyDelete