Thursday, August 22, 2013

OMG, My Back Hurts!

For the first time in a while, I woke up in the middle of the night in a lot of pain.  I got up, put a heating pad on my back, took some Percocet, and after an hour or so felt a little better and went back to bed.  Isaac actually let me sleep until 9:00 am, a record for him.  But when I got up, my back was so bad. 

It's the kind of pain that makes me nauseous, it's so bad, but I don't want to actually throw up because, while you might not realize it, you use your back muscles when you vomit.  It hurts my back to throw up.  Plus, getting down on the floor to throw up in the toilet is painful and it would be very difficult to get back up.  And bending over a bit to throw up in the sink is not that easy, either.  That also hurts.

It's the kind of pain that shoots down my legs, and makes my legs feel weak, and makes me feel slightly dizzy, as well as feeling like barfing.  I don't want to move.  It hurts too much.

I took Isaac out this morning and he had to poop and I had to pick it up.  I couldn't bend over.  I had to sit down on the ground to pick up the poop and then getting up was really difficult.

I think I am spending the day on the couch with my heating pad and pain pills.  Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment