Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fundraising Opportunity

This afternoon, the pastor of a local church is coming to visit  me to talk about the possibility of her church doing some sort of fundraiser for Isaac.  Remember, I still owe a couple thousand dollars to the program I got him from.  I really like the idea of a church doing some sort of fundraiser.  I don't know what kind of fundraiser she has in mind.  Maybe a car wash or rummage sale or bake sale or something.  I like the idea because I feel like it's something I could participate in and I feel a little better about that than just asking for money.  I really hate asking for money.  I just do it because I have to for this purpose.

But something like a car wash - or hey, what about a dog wash?  Wouldn't that be fun? - would be something I could help with, and maybe Isaac could be there to visit all the people, and it seems like a great idea to me.  I'm excited about the whole idea.

I have to do a little cleaning this morning before she comes over, though.  I did some cleaning yesterday but didn't get around to vacuuming.  My living room floor is a mess where Isaac has been working on that big nasty bone I got him the other day.  Yuck.  I guess it's good to have some motivation to clean, though.

If anybody has any good fundraising ideas, please share!  And if anyone wants to donate, it would be much appreciated.  Donations to Isaac's program are tax deductible (it's a non-profit).  Email me at poet_kelly at yahoo dot com for more info about how to donate.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete