Thursday, April 18, 2013

Whenever I Start Feeling Sorry for Myself, Someone Steps in and Does Something Really Kind

Makes me think I should stop feeling sorry for myself.

An acquaintance, not someone I know that well, who lives in another state, sent me a message shortly after I complained about not having anyone to go with me when I have the biopsy.  Since she lives on the other side of the country, she can't drive me to the hospital.  However, she offered to pay for a cab if I need to go by myself so I don't have to worry about coming up with the cash for that.  How incredibly kind is that, to offer that to someone that is virtually a stranger?  I know her somewhat from a discussion forum online, that's it.

It's nice when the Universe proves us wrong, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. That is very nice! I have wanted to do something like that or send treats but haven't had the money. I just spent $2,000 getting the transmission fixed on my kid's car. I'm glad you have friends who can help you out!

    ReplyDelete