Sunday, April 28, 2013

Adjusting to a New Place

Isaac and I are all moved in now.  By that, I mean that all my stuff is here at the new apartment.   All my stuff is not put away yet.  I'm still working on that.  I am exhausted.  Isaac
says he is worn out, too, although I'm not sure why because he did not do much work.


We are both adjusting to being in a new place.  I didn't sleep well last night, which is nothing new for me, and I expected I would have some trouble sleeping in a new place.  It's hard to get used to new sounds and stuff like that.  I had nightmares about the hospital last night.

I'm working with Isaac, helping him get used to things here.  We've been practicing turning on lights in all the rooms, so he can get used to where the light switches are here.  I've been having him bring me my medication, so he can get used to where it's kept here.  There is an elevator in our building, and Isaac has learned the word "elevator" now; I ask him, "Where's the elevator?" and he trots down the hall to it.

He barks sometimes when he hears someone in the hallway or hears another apartment door slam shut.  He's just letting me know he heard something.  He's not real worried about it, but he's not sure what noises are normal here and what noises aren't.  This afternoon I started rewarding him with a yummy treat if we hear a noise and he doesn't bark.  I say, "Quiet," and praise him, and give him a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment