Saturday, March 16, 2013

Is Your Dog Going to Wait Outside?

Tonight Mike and I went to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner.  We've been there before with Isaac and I like it because the staff never asks me personal questions like why I have a service dog and they never try to pet him or talk to him.  I'm not sure, but it may be a cultural thing.  Most of the staff is Hispanic. 

Well, tonight we were waiting to be seated and when the hostess came to greet us, she looked at Isaac and looked confused.  I thought maybe she was going to tell me dogs weren't allowed or ask if he was a service dog or something.  But no.  Instead, she asked me if he was going to wait outside.

Now, if my dog was going to wait outside while I went in and ate, why would I have taken him in at all?  I didn't ask her that, though.  I just said, "No, he's going to go under the table."  She looked a bit uncertain but didn't say anything else.  She seated us at a booth in a far corner.

Isaac was very good at the restaurant, by the way.  He stayed under the table, stayed quiet, and people seated near us didn't even realize he was there until we were leaving and they saw him then.

No comments:

Post a Comment