Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wish List

I'm still fundraising for Isaac, even though he's been with me for a couple months now.  I'm still making payments to K-9's in Special Service for him and in fact, I still owe almost $3,000.  (Email me at poet_kelly at yahoo dot com for information about how to donate, by they way).

However, Isaac and I would also be happy to accept donations of dog food, treats, toys, and other supplies.  Cash donations are tax deductible (if checks are made out to K-9's in Special Service), but donation of dog food and other items, unfortunately, are not.

Here is our current wish list:

  • Taste of the Wild dog food, Pacific salmon flavor (due to allergies and to avoid upsetting his stomach, this is the only brand of dog food Isaac can have)
  • dog treats (we are less picky about which brand of treats Isaac eats and in fact, he enjoys a variety including crunchy treats like milk bones, chewy treats like beef jerky, and soft treats)
  • bones, like beef bones (the stuffed ones are particularly enjoyed by Isaac), ham bones, pork skin rolls or donuts (raw hide chews are not preferred because they can splinter easily and dogs sometimes swallow large pieces and that can cause problems)
  • dog toys, including those made by Kong and Nylabone (all toys should be designed for large dogs/strong chewers and fairly sturdy)
  • stuffed animals
  • basketballs and footballs (these can be old and deflated, since Isaac just punctures them and deflates them as soon as he gets his mouth on them anyway)
  • doggie wet wipes (these are like baby wipes but are designed to wipe down a dog when a complete bath isn't necessary or feasible at the moment; they can also be used to clean muddy feet or clean doggie feet when they've been outside on pavement that has been treated with salt or other de-icer)
  • postage stamps (to be used for mailing out fundraising letters)

2 comments:

  1. I love shopping for pet treats and wish I had extra money to surprise you with some treats and toys listed here. I think I am going have to cough up $600 for federal and state income taxes this year so I won't have extra money for a while but I'm hoping I can help you out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I love buying doggie toys and treats, too. It seems like every time I go to buy dog food, I end up buying some treats and/or a toy, too. Isaac has more toys than he knows what to do with, honestly. But I rotate them. I put some out and put others away, then after a few days change them. He thinks the ones that have been put away are new toys. And we do go through a lot of treats because he gets them as rewards for doing tasks and we use a lot when he's learning something new.

    ReplyDelete