Monday, December 17, 2012

Hot Dogs in the Bathtub

Isaac and I have a new game that we play, called Hot Dogs in the Bathtub.  He loves it because it involved hot dogs, which he thinks are the greatest food in the world.

I invented the game after the second time I had to give Isaac a bath.  When I told him to get into the bathtub, he looked at me like I was nuts.  I tried to coax him in with dog treats, but he decided he'd rather pass on the treats than get into the tub.  So I got out the hot dogs.  I believe he would do anything for hot dogs.  He was certainly willing to get into the tub for them.

But I decided I wanted him to get used to getting into the tub and I wanted to make it something that he wasn't nervous or unhappy about.  So we started playing the Hot Dogs in the Bathtub game.  Initially, I put a piece of hot dog in the tub and he had to climb in to get it.  He wasn't in a hurry to get out, either, because he had to sniff around the whole tub in case there was another piece of hot dog that he missed somehow.  Now I hold the hot dogs in my hand and tell him to get in the tub.  He hops right in, no hesitation.  I give him a piece of hot dog and tell him to get out and he hops out.  He loves it.  We'll see what happens next time he needs a bath.

1 comment: