Monday, October 22, 2012

Talked to the Trainer Last Night

The trainer that currently has my soon-to-be service dog called me last night with a couple questions for me about tasks I need the dog to do, and also she wants to plan a time for us to meet up soon.  In about a week, I should get to finally meet Isaac!  I'm thrilled.

She said he's doing really well.  One of the things he is being trained to do is to interrupt some self-harming behaviors, like scratching myself.  She said he loves doing that.  She said dogs often have a task or two they really enjoy doing, although they'll do whatever they're trained to do.  Isaac loves nudging her hand away if she starts to scratch her arms.  He also likes turning on lights and bringing things to her and dropping them in her lap.

She said when he first gets up in the morning, he is pretty energetic and gets a little goofy, runs around the house all playful and silly for a couple of minutes, but then he wants to eat breakfast and go for a walk and then go to sleep.  I said that sounds like my cats, he should fit right in.

I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment