Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Little Change Can Change a Life


You know those jars you see on the counters of gas stations and restaurants and stores sometimes?  There by the register to collect change for some charity or another?  They look something like this:



Yep.  That’s me.  On a jar.  
 
I have two slightly different versions, one for larger jars and one for smaller jars.  Here’s a close-up of the info for the larger jars:



The Evangelical Alliance for Renewal is a Christian ministry that has agreed to assist me with fundraising for my service dog.  I am appreciative of the help!

I’m not sure at the moment how many jars will be placed in businesses around my town.  We’ll see.  I’m gathering jars at the moment.  I also need to get some new colored ink for my printer.  If you were thinking the dog pictured above looks a bit pinkish, that’s why – I’m low on colored ink.

And here’s how you can help.  If you know of a local business or some other public place where you could put a jar, just let me know.  I can email you the photos and text and you can print it out yourself, or I can print it out and mail it to you via snail mail.  Use any glass jar; this is a canning jar but I also plan to repurpose some old applesauce and pickle jars.  Tape the photos and text on the side of the jar.  Punch a hole in the lid of the jar so people can drop in coins or folded dollar bills; I was able to punch a hole in this jar lid with a rather dull steak knife.  Drop in a few coins and a dollar bill to get things started.  Ask the manager of the business to phone you if the jar gets full, but you can also check it often.  I’ll give you the address for the Evangelical Alliance for Renewal, to which donations can be sent.

If business owners want more information about how donations will be used, or information about service dogs in general, please direct them to this website.  I’ll be happy to provide any info they need.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter works at a dairy store that has a service counter to serve ice cream and pizza and things like that. I asked her to check and see if she can have a jar like this on the counter for customers to drop money in. If the answer is yes I will let you know and I can print it and attach it to a jar to get things rolling here! That would be neat.

    ReplyDelete