Saturday, July 7, 2012

Another Update on Cayenne

Cayenne is doing very well.  She is fairly energetic these days.  As energetic as cats seem to get when it's 90 - some degrees out, anyway.  My other cats just want to sleep in the house all day where it's sort of cool, too.  She has been eating like a little pig, which is good because she went back to the vet for a check up today and she now only weighs 6.5 pounds.  She lost a full pound while she was sick and not eating.

Her blood sugar is also good, although she's still on insulin twice a day right now.  Prior to getting so sick, she had only been getting it once a day.

She also had to get an enema today.  Poor girl!  I felt sorry for her.  But I'd noticed yesterday and today she seemed to be having trouble pooping and I mentioned it to the vet and he felt her belly and said she was full of poop and suggested an enema.  Last night, someone online was trying to explain to me how I could give her an enema myself.  No thank you!  I am not particularly squeamish, at least not most of the time, but I thought that sounded like a job for the vet.  Cost me $21.  It was worth it.

Now she is worn out.  So am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment