Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Car Bingo


I told my sister I would make a car bingo game for us to play on the trip to the beach, to entertain the little one.  OK, it will entertain the adults, too!  Hey, it’s a long drive.

Do you all know what car bingo is?  It’s like regular bingo except instead of letters and numbers, the cards have pictures of things you might see while you’re driving down the highway, like a police car, a motorcycle, a gas station, etc.  When you see one of the items pictured on your card, you cross it out.  The first person to cross out an entire row wins.

I thought maybe I could find a car bingo game online that I could download for free, and I did find a few, but none that I liked.  Most of them seemed like they were designed more for driving around town than for driving on the highway.  They had pictures of things like stop signs, mail boxes, and schools.  I don’t think we’ll see many of those from the highway.  Also, some of them seemed a little out of date.  They had pictures of telephone booths, for Pete’s sake!  Are there still any telephone booths out there?  I guess there might be at rest areas but I figured we would not see many.

So I decided to make my own game and it turns out to be a lot of fun making it, although it’s also a lot of work.  It’s taking me a lot of time, which is OK because I’m having fun, but it is keeping me from getting much work done.  What can I say, I would rather find cute little clip art pictures of cars and trains and boats than write some articles about mold.  Go figure.

I’m going to print out the card and then go to the printing shop to get them laminated.  That way we can cross off items with a marker and then wash off the cards when we’re done and reuse them.  If anybody wants a car bingo game, just leave me your email and I’ll be happy to email you the document.  It’s in Mircrosoft Publisher.  Then you can print it out for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly yor blog is very cool For more online car games, visit play car games

    ReplyDelete